Vivian Fowler Memorial College for Girls was established in 1991 to promote the advancement of women through quality and functional education.
The college is a supportive community of individuals with a passion for excellence. It offers a balanced education which develops students’ personal qualities to enable them cope with life in universities both in and outside Nigeria.
The exclusive nature of the college (girls only) is aimed at reducing the possibility of bias in the choice of subjects and careers. It raises expectations, develops a wider variety of leadership opportunities and balances a disciplined work routine with an enjoyable social life outside the classroom.
The vision of the college is based on the integration and promotion of womanhood into the topmost heights in all aspects of human endeavors through both academic pursuit and moral discipline.
- To offer the girl-child qualitative and functional secondary school education.
- To inculcate in the girl-child the pursuit of perfection and excellence.
- To raise a generation of young women who will respect and uphold the dignity of labour.
- To nurture our girls to grow, live and function as unique and respectable wives and mothers of tomorrow.
- To enable them contribute positively to the community, nation and world at large
- To develop in our girls the basic qualities of independence, initiative and confidence to enable them succeed in life.
In pursuit of excellence